Thursday, December 2, 2010

Good tweeting is good dental care with rappers

After my first foray into Twitter, I have reasoned that most people are not yet sure what Twitter is for. I’m certainly not sure what Twitter’s for, but I know who and what I want to listen to, and right now it’s dental advice from GhostFace Killah.

Is Twitter a megaphone? Is it a handy alternative to group emails? Is a cheaper and equally personal version of a text message? It seems like it is a bit of all three from what I have been seeing – people giving each other online high fives, some people sharing an opinion, lots of shared links and ideas and some inane, boring chatter. It’s all a bit loud right now, it takes a lot to get through some of the noise and see the real interesting tit bits.

All I know is, right now I want to hear more dental advice from GhostFace Killah. Mr. GhostFace was one of the main members of the Wu-Tang Clan and it seems a vociferous advocate of good oral hygiene, well if some of his recent tweets are anything to go by:

and these:


and this:

And it went on, and on and on. Follow him @GhostfaceKillah and see for yourself, it's brilliant.

For me, Ghostface’s tweets ticked most of the buttons on ‘what to follow’: He was telling us something we all should know (he is right, we all should brush our tongues more), he was passionate (he obviously believes in brushing at least twice a day) and whether he was intentional or not, he was hilarious and entertaining. And do you know what? I will be brushing dat f*****’ s*** tonight to get rid of dat f*****' corroded bacteria.

Tweeters need to engage their followers and they need to tell them something or share something, otherwise it seems as though it’s just an alternative to texting, which is kind of boring and isn’t going to get the message out there. Ghostface Killah is obviously crazy and I’m pretty sure from listening to Enter The Wu-Tang he hasn’t got much in the way of dentistry qualifications but he did engage me and he has got my tick. I look forward to more of his tweets in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment